Justin Stange opened 7venth Sun Brewery in Dunedin, Florida in January 2012. They’re contributing to the explosive growth of beer in Florida by focusing on consistency and creativity. 7venth Sun made the first canned Berliner Weisse in Florida. And their first beer sold for $203 per pint—the most expensive beer that’s been poured in Pinellas County, Florida!
About his proudest moment as a brewery owner, Justin says: When I saw my beer being poured out in other accounts for the first time, that was really cool because then I felt amongst my peers, the other friends I have that own breweries, and even the national brands, too. You really feel like you’re part of the club then.
Among other great info in this episode, Justin advises:
- Double-batch to correct mistakes
- Utilize mobile canning to win a bet
- Take good notes on every batch
From Jon Tiffany: What do you feel are the most important aspects of your brewing? How do you approach improving on that?
- Beyond the Pale: The Story of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. by Ken Grossman.
Check out the entire list of recommended books, click here.
An upcoming beer style:
- State craft beer production & sales data, by Brewers Association.
- Overflow crowd of beer lovers awaits Pliny the Younger by Kurtis Alexander, SFGate, February 7, 2014.
- 61 Brewers Speak Out: What I Wish I’d Known Before Starting a Brewery by Joe Shelerud, February 9, 2014.
- Brewing With Lactic Acid Bacteria by Dr. Brian A. Nummer, More Beer!, July 25, 2012.
- Weisse up by Sean Nordquist, Creative Loafing Tampa Bay, May 24, 2013.
- The First Canned Berliner Weisse in Florida by ReidRamsay, Beer Street Journal, September 8, 2013.
- Have Canning Line, Will Travel: The Impact of Mobile Canning by Russ Phillips, CraftCans.com, August 12, 2013.
You can reach Justin Stange and 7venth Sun Brewery at:
Help keep MicroBrewr on the air. CLICK HERE for ways you can help.