MicroBrewr 015: Randal Denver’s advice for a homebrewer who wants to become a professional brewer
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Subscribe: RSS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode I talk with Randal Denver, brewer from Yards Brewing Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Randal started homebrewing several years ago and got hooked.
“It was kind of the first thing that I ever felt I was good at,” he said.
So he applied for a job with Yards Brewing Company and started working on their packaging line. Since then, he has moved up to brewer, and makes any beer in the Yards Brewing lineup.
Randal offers great advice for a homebrewer who wants to become a professional brewer.
Some advice he shares:
- Clean and sanitize always
- Immerse yourself in beer knowledge
- Brew as often as you can, as many different types of beer as you can
From Josh Pierce: Do you think alcohol levels will start to come down anytime soon?
- Brewing Up a Business: Adventures in Beer from the Founder of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery by Sam Calagione.
- Water: A Comprehensive Guide for Brewers (Brewing Elements) by John Palmer and Colin Kaminski.
- IPA: Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the Evolution of India Pale Ale by Mitch Steele.
Check out the entire list of recommended books, click here.
An upcoming beer style:
- The Jamil Show podcast with Jamil Zainasheff.
- Brew Strong podcast with Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer.
- Low-alcohol session IPA is a great summer beer trend by Jim Galligan, TODAY, April 17, 2014.
You can reach Randal Denver and Yards Brewing Company at:
Help keep MicroBrewr on the air. CLICK HERE for ways you can help.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!