MicroBrewr 040: Keep persevering to get to the end
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Alexis Irvin and her partner Chip Hiden travelled across the country trying to find out what it takes to make a living doing what you love. They interviewed a bunch people in lots of different fields who all had their dream job. And they put it together into a movie and book called, The Dream Share Project.
Then they followed their own dreams, quit their jobs, and started working for themselves. For their next project, Alexis and Chip travelled across the country interviewing people with a dream job in one field—craft beer! They made a beer movie!
Blood, Sweat, and Beer is a feature-length documentary coming out in 2015 that follows 2 startup breweries, one in Braddock, Pennsylvania and another in Ocean City, Maryland.
For making Blood, Sweat, and Beer movie, they interviewed over 100 people for the film. Everyone from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., New Belgium Brewing, Brooklyn Brewery, and small local breweries.
The most important things Alexis learned about starting a brewery:
- Handle all of the legal paperwork thoroughly
- Start with a team
- Consider how your brewery can benefit a specific location
20% OFF digital download pre-order of Blood, Sweat, and Beer documentary.
Alexis and Chip gave us a coupon code exclusive to the MicroBrewr audience.
Go to the Blood, Sweat, and Beer website. Click “Redeem Code.”
Enter this code for 20% off: MICROBREWR
That’s a digital download of the film for only $3.99!
Be sure to connect with Blood, Sweat, and Beer documentary and thank Alexis for being on the show and for the discount.
“ Just keep going. You have to persevere to get to the end.” [Tweet This]
From Ray Pierce: Is it profitable?
- Build Your Dreams: How To Make a Living Doing What You Love by Chip Hiden and Alexis Irvin.
Check out the entire list of recommended books, click here.
An upcoming beer style:
- The Dream Share Project.
- New Orleans Lager & Ale (NOLA) Brewing, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- Essential Bar Ingredient: Rosemary Simple Syrup, The Kitchn.
- ProBrewer.com and online resource serving the craft beer industry.
- Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, North Carolina.
- RJ Rockers Brewing Company, Spartanburg, South Carolina.
- Heavy Seas Beer, Halethorpe, Maryland.
You can reach Alexis Irvin and Blood, Sweat, and Beer documentary at:
- Twitter: bloodsweatbrew
- Facebook: BloodSweatBeerMovie
- Instagram: bloodsweatbeermovie
You might also like:
MicroBrewr 050: Have passion and be persistent with Craft Conscious in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Help keep MicroBrewr on the air. CLICK HERE for ways you can help.