Measured Methods is a multi-purpose agency focusing on craft breweries and other artisanal crafts. They’re based in Burlington, Vermont, but they can provide a variety of services for breweries anywhere. They focus both on the front end, such as branding and anything a customer would see, and also back end, such as processes and supply chain issues.
In this episode, Eric Lussier and Bethany Baker, talk with us about branding, how to develop a look and feel to your company image.
“Behind your product quality,” says Bethany, “the single most important thing about your brand is to have a cohesive look and feel.”
A lot goes into a cohesive brand, such as:
- Color palate
- Event selection
When picking names, whether it’s your brewery, or your beers, think of something that sounds great.
“I often like to tell people that naming conventions are like tattoos,” says Bethany. “Everyone loves a good back story & meaning behind it, but sometimes it’s just because you enjoy the sound of it.
A name should also have a story behind it. And this long-term about the themes that you convey. You don’t want to alienate your audience by mixing it up too much, but you also don’t want to pigeonhole your brand by sticking to strictly to one theme.
“Before you brew your first batch, start promoting your brand.” [Tweet This]
From MoonFace on Twitter: What’s your go to beer or brewery?
- Beer School: Bottling Success at the Brooklyn Brewery by Steve Hindy and Tom Potter.
- Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness by Jeffrey Gitomer.
Check out the entire list of recommended books, click here.
An upcoming beer style:
- Send Ska! Hawai‘i’s Best of 2004, Gardenia Lane Records, for sale on Interpunk.com.
- Hannah’s Gold, Hannah Teter, Olympic snowboarder.
- Discretion Brewing, Capitola, California.
- Pantone Color Institute, Pantone, the authority on color.
- Build Your Brand Before Brewing, HopSnobbery and LipstickNLager, Measured Methods.
- Fiddlehead Brewing Company, Shelburne, Vermont.
- Four Quarters Brewing, Winooski, Vermont.
- Choffy, Brewed chocolate.
- Stumptown’s cold brew in nitro cans is beer-inspired coffee innovation, Sarah Bennett, LA Weekly, April 27, 2015.
You can reach Eric Lussier, Bethany Baker, and Measured Methods at:
- Facebook: MeasuredMethods
- Twitter: measuredmethods
- Instagram: measuredmethods
- Tumbler: Measured Methods
- Google+: MeasuredmethodsLLC
Eric Lussier on Twitter:
Bethany Baker on Twitter:
Download a free audiobook.
Help keep MicroBrewr on the air. CLICK HERE for ways you can help.